Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What happens in Vegas ...

I'm a member of the Las Vegas Hookers. Really? Yep! We're a crochet group. All of us crochet and some members knit too. We're an official chapter of the CGOA - Crochet Guild of America. Another fun fact: We meet in a bar. I wonder if that rates us up there with "Not Your Mama's Crochet". My 'Mama' laughed when I mentioned this to her. I'm not too sure she didn't choke at first, but she laughed. (I grew up in a small Missouri town.) Anyway, we had a meeting last night and, as always, had a great time. Maybe it was the beer or margaritas or drink of choice, but I think it was the company and the yarn. We started about 3 years ago and our membership has grown quite a bit since then. We used to meet once a month. Now meetings are held weekly. Not all of us make it every week, but we try. Crocheting and Knitting sure are poplular!

5 comments:

Karyn said...

THAT is funny!!!!!! And awesome. I bet it's a great way to stay motivated and creative. Sounds like a whole lotta fun to me!

Angie said...

I really love our group and love how it has grown. It is funny you should mention how popular knitting and crocheting is...last week there were a couple of ladies sitting behind me in a booth and they were like "Nobody does that anymore". I TOLD her, "Actually LOTS of people do. In fact, over 6000 people are all knitting the same thing at the same time (MS3)".

/hugs

Lesalicious said...

It sounds like you had fun. I would love to do something like that here in Milwaukee, it can keep everyone on there toes and learn something new from others. Sound like you all had a great time. :)

Still Patrice said...

Hey Mary Sarah!!

Thanks for visiting my spot!!

LOL @ you being scared of DIL's dress form! I know how scary I am, and I have "her" tucked away when not in use, JUST for that reason!

Sheila said...

I would love to do something like that... you had a ball of fun.