Sunday, February 13, 2011

How about weaving?

Hello There!

Well, I've picked up another craft.  Yeah, I need another one.   My DH and I were in MO a few months ago visiting family.  We were in Columbia one day running a couple of errands and I saw a yarn shop.  It's called True Blue Fiber Friends Yarn Shop.  We stopped so I could check it out.  They teach knitting and crochet, but they also teach weaving on tri looms.  My DH was interested in them and wondered if I'd like to try weaving.  I wasn't sure at first, but the staff showed me how to do it.  I saw a simple scarf pattern I liked and decided to give it a try.  I picked out some yarn and we walked out with a 2 foot tri loom and the yarn.

Here's a link to show you information about the looms:  Hill Creek Fiber Studio and here's a link for Tri Loom weaving instructions.  The hardest part of the process is learning how to start.

I tried to take pictures of the 3 scarves I've made so far, but the lighting was terrible.  I'll try tomorrow when I have daylight.  

So, what have you been working on?  

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Ooo weaving, it sounds & looks interesting, and looking forward to your scarves.