Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Something else I've been working on


Happy July 4th to everyone! Did you BBQ and watch fireworks? This year my husband and I had a quiet day. He loves to BBQ so he made dinner. Yeah! We didn't go out to watch fireworks this year. We're travelling this weekend and decided a quiet day at home sounded good. It's also 100 and hell degrees outside these days! (I heard that the other day and thought it was pretty funny!) The summers in Vegas can be brutal!

Well, who cares about all that? On to more fun things. I managed to sew this morning. I finished a red Tshirt, made a white Tshirt, lined a purse I made and hemmed a pair of capris. Wow! Don't I sound efficient? I never feel that way. The purse in the picture is crocheted and I actually finished it a while back. I thought a picture of it would be good. It's a pattern from Maggies Crochet and I used crochet nylon. It's harder to work with than yarn, but I like the look of it for purses. I think the purses hold up better too. I've made a few purses and will make more, I'm sure, so be prepared for more purse photos.

5 comments:

Karyn said...

I really like that purse, the buttons are the perfect finishing touch too!

O'Malley said...

I love your purses too. I think you should sell them! (to me) hahaha

Angie said...

That purse is really awesome (and congrats on getting so much sewing done). I really like the purses that you design as well. I hope to see some more of those soon

Sheila said...

You did a fantastic job on the purse... cool handles. Boy-o-Boy, you were definitely getting your crafting on...lol

Lisa H. said...

Wow! You really are efficient! The purse is adorable.