Monday, February 18, 2008
I spent some time sewing over the weekend. My DD found a cute "fish" mobile for a crib. That was what she picked for a theme. We found a turquoise colored fabric that looked like "bubbles" at Hancock's a few months ago. DD wasn't ready to commit to this fabric yet. Unfortunately, when she decided she wanted to use that fabric, she could only find 3 yards. My Hancock's didn't have any. I asked her to send me what she had and see if she could find anything else she liked. She sent the turquoise bubbles and found the same thing in pink. I found a busy, cute, bright fish print to match the turquoise and pink bubbles. I'm not crazy about using a lot of the pink, so I decided to use it as a trim on the valance and I'll use it to bind and back the quilt. Here's the valance and quilt top I made.
My DD takes care of my 2 year old grandson quite a bit. She has a toddler bed for him and it will stay in the baby's room. I found another fish print to go with the turquoise bubbles and made a quilt top for him.
So, I have a good start. I plan to make bumper pads and I still need to quilt the quilts!