Thursday, February 28, 2008

Need Socks?

Howdy!
How's everyone doing? I'm back from a trip to Michigan where it was cold. We did just fine for not being used to that kind of weather. Work was and is busy and it's taking away from my craft time. Oh bother!
But, I do have something to show you. I made a pair of socks! WhooHoo! Can you believe it? I actually started and finished a project. Well, sort of. During the socks, I made a couple of pair of booties and started a purse, but I do have a pair of completed socks. See?

Don't mind the picture. They are the same size and by now you should know I'm about as talented at photography as I am at surgery. I joined in on the Sock crochetalong on Crochet Partners and Ravelry. These are called Ultimate Crocheted Socks and they're fun to make. There's another sock along starting on the Crochet Guild site if you're interested. I'm not sure I'll join this one because I need to focus on finishing the baby quilts and making bumper pads. I'm also trying to clean out a couple of closets and organize a garage. Ugh!
I'm not quitting the sock thing yet though. I started this pair. They're called South Bay Toe Up Socks and I'm liking these too! Here's the link for both socks patterns.
I'm a little stuck on the heel directions, but I'll figure them out soon! (I hope)

TGIF!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

Karyn said...

Your socks look great. Nothing beats a great pair of handmade socks!

Angie said...

Wonderful! They look great and I bet they are comfy too. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

/hugs

Lesalicious said...

Love the socks so cute. I love the yarn you used great work.:)

Sheila said...

Great socks, I have yet to get on the sock bandwagon but I'm sure I will eventually.

O'Malley said...

Can't wait to see your socks tomorrow night!! :)

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Your socks are so cute! I love crocheted socks too!