Monday, August 25, 2008

I've been staying busy for the past couple of weeks. I decided to sew a purse. I've crocheted purses before and, after seeing many cute purses on several blogs, I wanted to sew one. I found this pattern. It's called Catalina Sling and it's by Pink Sand Beach Designs. The directions were detailed and easy to follow. It's a bigger purse than I've been carrying, but I found bigger isn't too bad. I can stuff all kinds of things in it.

I ordered some fabric from Textile Studio Patterns and made another top. This is the same pattern I used before, Textile Pattern # 1201, Basic Top. I usually wear bright or dark colors, but I thought this light color was pretty.

I also made a pair of capris. This is Butterick pattern #4962. It has a waist facing instead of a waistband. I like how these fit. I made my usual fit adjustments, shortened crotch length and lengthened crotch width. The waist facing made these easy to fit. I used a stretch denim I found at JoAnn's last summer.
Ok, I found something else to work on. Cards! I used to stamp a little several years ago. My DD and I were talking and she told me she has gotten into it. Well, that got me started again. I pulled out some card stock and supplies and stared at everything for a long time. LOL! Well, isn't that productive? I looked at the colors and stamps and looked some more. I finally picked out a few things and this is what I came up with. I thought it would be neat to weave some ribbon through the card. I like it, sort of. It needs something. Color, for one. I'll keep playing and see what else I come up with.

I've been crocheting a little bit too. I'll post a picture soon.
I have a question. How many hobbies or crafts do you like to do? Do you work on one at a time or do you have several projects going?

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Great projects and you have definitely been busy. I like to crochet, knit & sew, but recently been eyeing beading...lol. I usually like to work on one thing at a time, but of late I have 3 crochet projects going and starting another sewing project. I've even purchased cardstock for making cards & scrapping, but haven't pick it up since I purchased all the stuff...lol.

Karen said...

Whoa -- you've been busy! How many crafts? Well there's crochet, knitting, sewing, spinning in the big leagues, with beadwork and embroidery making minor appearances. And yes, they sometimes all get worked on in the same day -- craft ADD, much?

Lesalicious said...

Looks like you been a busy gal. Love the purse so cool. Great job on your latest capris and shirt.
By now you know I crochet and sew. I can do them both at once. My sewing room is downstairs I tend to sew most of the time at night and crochet in my room while watching tv doing the day. Also depending on what I am working on and what I am trying to finish first. Again great job on your projects can't wait to see all your crochet projects soon. :)

Anonymous said...

You have been one busy girl! Love the totebag, and, yes, bigger can be better when it comes to carrying things around!

Fernanda said...

Wow, busy! It's great when we get time to do things we enjoy. :) I crochet and knit mostly but keep thinking about starting a quilt. I've also been reading alot more and exercising.

Karyn said...

Look at you go! I love that bag, in fact, I have the pattern sitting in my sewing room (unused, of course). I might have to break it out now.

I jump from one project to another, you name it, I've tried it! I'm working on knitting a pair of socks at the moment.

Gwen Mangelson said...

OH MY GOSH! I love love love the purse!!!
If I may ask- where did you find the pattern? In a store or online?
Love just love it and your card is great also!
I am in the middle of making over 150 swap cards for regionals this month in Kansas City!
wish you were going too!
hugs Gwen