Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hi Everyone!
How are you all?  It’s been a long time since I blogged!  I would say I’ve missed you guys, but I really haven’t.   hehe  I haven’t been blogging, but I have been reading blogs and keeping up with everyone when I can.
Like everyone else, I stay busy and just haven’t made time to blog.  I’m hoping to change that this year.   Let’s see how I do.

I have a couple of pictures to show you.  I made a few scarves over the holidays.  This first one is knitted.  I found the pattern on Ravelry.  It’s by the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl McPhee and it's called the One Row Handspun Scarf.   I used Cash Vera DK weight yarn.  It's a merino, microfiber and cashmere blend yarn.  Love it! ... the pattern and the yarn.   It feels great.



The second scarf is crocheted.  This pattern came from Mimi at Crochet and Other Stuff.   She has a new 3 pattern scarf pattern set and she let me test it for her.  They’re lightweight scarves and perfect for Las Vegas weather.   I made Painted Scarf and used fingerweight wool blend yarns.  I plan to make the other 2 soon.  I'll let you know how they turn out.


I also made a scarf for my DDs friend and 4 pair of fingerless gloves for the girls in my family for Christmas.  They were quick to make and turned out really cute.  I’ll post a picture of the gloves as soon as I make another pair.  (I really do need to remember to take pictures of things I make.)

Did any of you make Christmas/Holiday gifts that you haven’t posted about yet?  I’d love to hear about them.

I have also gotten into rubber stamping and making cards so I plan to post more about this in the future.  I also plan to get back into scrapbooking.  I get overwhelmed when I think about how many pictures I have to scrapbook.  That’s keeping me from getting started with it.

Tomorrow is Friday.  WhooHoo!  Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love the scarves, they are beautiful. I am not sure if I will be posting again any time soon, just kind of got out of the habit and stuff. I did make socks for my grandkids for Christmas and now I am working on a knitted scarf for my hubby and a shawl for me. Miss you and hope to see you soon.

/hugs

Sheila said...

Lovely scarves. Looking forward to your card making. I stopped at Walmart yesterday for card making supplies and made a card for my guy. Didn't realize that I'd spent 2 hours working on it. I guess trying to find the right details for the cover and then wording it take time.