Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finished Quilt

Hi Everyone!
I want to show you a picture of the quilt I started last summer and finally finished.   I'm happy with how it turned out.   I saw this quilt design somewhere on the net and don't remember where.   The fabrics are all from the Sangri La fabric line from Moda.  I worked on the quilt top over a couple of months and then I sent it out to be machine quilted.  I added the binding and made a dust ruffle out of one of the red floral prints.   I'll have to post a picture of the dust ruffle later.   The picture I took didn't turn out very well and it's getting dark now.    I made the shams several years ago.   They're made out of a textured home dec fabric I found at JoAnn's.   I want to make a few pillows for the bed.  I'll get to them soon.


I have a busy and fun week ahead.  Work will be crazy this week.  I could work lots of overtime, but this week, I'll just give up my lunch hours.  I plan to exercise a couple of evenings this week, I have a quilt class on Tuesday night, I'm getting together with friends Thursday night to make some cards and I may be going out of town next weekend.   That makes for one crazy week.   I don't really like being so busy, but it's just a week and it'll be fun.  

What's going on with you this week?   Whatever it is, I hope you fun!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

The quilt is beautiful!

I've managed to buy fabrics that I want to use for a quilt, just a matter of sitting down and mapping out the squares and determining the size.

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

The quilt looks great on that bed and in that room--good job!