Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ready to Sew

Hi! I haven't really accomplished a lot since the new year began. I've had a lot of "interruptions". I have been able to play in little blocks of time though. I started crocheting a shell top. I've also been looking at baby patterns. It's time to start on some baby things for our grandbabies due in May and July. It's warm in Texas by May, so I really don't want to make sweaters and hats for newborns. We did find out that we will have a granddaughter in May! I'm so excited! We just found out yesterday. This weekend I'll shop for material to make a valance, bumper pads and blanket of some sort. I have an idea what my daughter wants. I'll see what I can find!
Tonight I worked on making a new top, Kwik Sew Pattern # 3338. (See link on side bar.) I signed up for a sewing class on Pattern Review called Build a Better T-Shirt. I have a mental block when it comes to fittng a pattern. I thought learning to fit a t-shirt might be a good place to start. I've never taken an online sewing class. It should be fun. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll post a picture of the t-shirt when I'm finished.

3 comments:

O'Malley said...

Hi, congrats on the baby news!

Lesalicious said...

Congrats on your grandbabies. Oh can't wait to see all your upcoming projects you have your crafty hands full for awhile.:) Surely will pop back in to see what you have up your sleeves.

Sheila said...

Congratulations on the grandbaby news. Looking forward to your baby FOs.